Sweden: Bomber audio files, following orders from al-Qaeda (UPDATED)

Sweden: Army employee sent warning hours before attack, bomber audio files, bomber fulfilled al-Qaeda in Iraq threat



Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet posted a clip of the attack, showing the bomber's explosion not far away from a busy street.

Army employee sent warning hours before attack

Swedish news agency reports (NO, SE) that a few hours before the attack in Stockholm, an employee of the Swedish army sent an email to an acquaintance telling him to stay away from Drottninggatan street. "If you can, avoid Drottninggatan today. A lot can happen there.. just so you know."

Asked about it on Sunday, the army spokesperson said they had not heard about it. But later that evening responded that the army did not know of the plans or circumstances of the incidents.


Audio files sent by the bomber

(The clip here includes the bomber's audio file)

In Arabic: In the name of the merciful God. Prayer and peace to the Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him.

In God's merciful name:

In Swedish: Very short and to the point to Sweden and the Swedish people. Thanks your Lars Vilks and his illustrations of the Prophet Muhammed (in Arabic) peace be upon him (in Swedish) and your soldiers in Afghanistan and your silence on all this, your children, daughters, brothers and sisters will die like our brothers and sisters and children die.

Now the Islamic state [ed: apparently Islamic State of Iraq, see below] fulfilled what they promised you. We are now here in Europe and in Sweden, we are a reality, not imaginary, more I don't want to say about this.

Our actions will speak for themselves. As long as you don't stop your war against Islam and degrading the prophet (in Arabic) peace be upon him (in Swedish) and your stupid support for the pig Vilks.

And to all Muslims in Sweden I say: stop sucking up and humiliating yourselves for a degrading life far from Islam. Help your brothers and sisters and fear no-one and nothing, only God whom you worship.

And to my family, try to forgive me. I couldn't sit and watch all the injustice done against Islam and the Prophet Muhammad (in Arabic) peace be upon him (in Swedish), when the pig Vilks did what he did. Forgive my lies. I never went to the Middle East to work or earn money, I went there for Jihad. I hope you can understand me at some point. I could never have told all of this to you or anybody else. My dear wife and children, I love you. I love you, my wife. My love you was never a lie. Forgive me that I didn't tell you anything. Kiss the children from me. Tell them that daddy loves them, will always love them.

Finally, I greet all the mujaheddin, don't forget me in your prayers. Pray for me. Pray for me that here in Sweden Muslims are so degraded that they're praying for non-Muslims in their mosques. And finally, to all Mujaheddin in Europe and in Sweden: Now's the time to strike, don't wait any longer. Step up with whatever you have, even if it is a knife, and I know you have more than a knife. Fear no one, don't fear prison, don't fear death.

In Arabic: I say my words and I ask God to forgive me and forgive you. Brothers. The faithful.


Bomber fulfilled threat of al-Qaeda in Iraq

Via the Local:
The perpetrator suspected of carrying out Saturday's bomb attacks in Stockholm claimed in a purported will that he was fulfilling a threat by al-Qaeda in Iraq to attack Sweden, according to a group that tracks the online activity of terrorist organisations on Monday.

"[The] Islamic State [of Iraq] has fulfilled what it promised you," Taymour Abdel Wahab allegedly wrote in the will posted by a jihadist on the Shumukh al-Islam website, according to the SITE (Search for International Terrorist Entities) Intelligence Group, a US-based for-profit entity.

(source)



Update: small fixes

Update 2: Radio Sweden posted the English audio clip
"You have the pig Lars Vilks to blame, and yourselves, for these actions. Your quietness about the paintings, and your support for your soldiers in Afghanistan brought you to this unpleasant situation... Stop your drawings of our prophet, and withdraw your soldiers from Afghanistan, and no more oppression of Islam or muslims will be tolerated in any way, or any means." (more here)
Update 3: The Swedish Security Service says the report of an army warning is just a rumor:
“We have no idea about that,” he told reporters, adding that officials continue to investigate the report.

“There is nothing that points to it (being true) other than what is in the media.”
Update 4: Jihadis claim bomber was following orders from al-Qaeda:
Iraqi citizen Taimour Abdulwahab al-Abdaly, who apparently blew himself up on a busy shopping street in the Swedish capital Stockholm at the weekend, was acting under direct orders from Al-Qaeda's leadership, according to several jihadist websites close to the terror network.